Statement Of Faith
At Alma Bible Church we adhere to and affirm the statement of faith as written by the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada. It reads as follows:
1. The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; we affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, vicarious and atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing mediatorial work, and personal return in power and glory.
4. The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith apart from works, and is characterized by regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
5. The Holy Spirit enables believers to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
6. The Church, the body of Christ, consists of all true believers.
7. Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead, those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Like any church we hold to some Biblical distinctives that set us apart from some other churches. These would include:
- Weekly communion
- A complementarian view of gender roles – recognizing equality while celebrating the differences
- Biblical eldership as a form of church government